Health Guide Associate
Detroit, MI, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
firsthand is changing the way individuals living with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) get care – by putting them at the center of everything we do. Our peer led model aims to build trust with these individuals, many of whom have been underserved, stigmatized, deprioritized and have very often lost trust in the systems intended to serve them. Our holistic approach includes partnering with our team of peer recovery specialists, licensed social workers and nurse practitioners, and focuses on meeting them where they are and walking with them side by side, as a trusted guide, partner, and first call, on their journeys’ to wellness.
Our aim is to not only improve lives, but also improve the economics for managed care plans and states responsible for providing care to this community. This enables us to build solutions that scale and, as a result, change the way our society supports those most impacted by SMI.
We are building a team of deeply passionate problem-solvers who are courageous enough to take on one of the country’s most challenging healthcare problems. Those who are up for the task will be rewarded with deeply mission-oriented workdays, mentorship from a similarly motivated team, and a supportive culture that prioritizes learning, creativity, and fun.
You are passionate about empowering people with serious mental illness to live their best life possible. You can quickly prioritize and solve problems. You are an organized and dependable person.
As a Health Guide Associate, you will:
- Schedule appointments with Health Guide (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) Prep medical charts: entering in medications, allergies, past medical, past surgical, family history
- Request current medication list from pharmacies
- Order DME (glucometer, nebulizer, medical supplies)Coordinate individual’s transportation to outside lab
- Perform in-home and in-clinic phlebotomy as needed
- Send referrals and schedule appointments with outside providers (e.g. PCP, behavioral health)Follow up with individual prior to appointments to ensure they keep appointments
- Follow-up with patients after their appointments and update chart of any treatment changes (medications, upcoming procedures)
- Print firsthand referral letters and send with individuals served
You will be good if you have:
- Passion for empowering individuals with serious mental illness, substance use disorder, and complex medical conditions
- The ability to maintain schedule, prioritize, and/or escalate series of tasks accordingly
- Are self-directed and committed to follow-up and follow-through
- Comfort in navigating multiple technology systems including but not limited to Google Suite, EHRs, and Slack.
The experience you bring to this role includes:
- 3+ years' experience in primary or behavioral health
- Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
For Full Time employees, our compensation package includes base, equity and a bonus potential. Our benefits include physical and mental health, dental, vision, 401(k) with a match, 16 weeks parental leave for either parent, flexible vacation, and a supportive culture.
We firmly believe that great candidates for this role may not meet 100% of the criteria listed in this posting. We encourage you to apply anyway - we look forward to getting to know you.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.