Risk Operations Specialist
Risk Operations Specialist
Location: Hybrid in New York City
- 1-2+ years of experience within risk, customer experience or payment operations, ideally within the fintech space
- 1+ years experience utilizing Zendesk
- Demonstrated ability to proactively problem solve and be a top-notch team player
- Experience with KPI analysis and preservation
- Excelled interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working on a global team
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Handle frontline fraud and policy decisioning to support ongoing business needs
- Manage escalations related to Risk & Compliance through internal cross-functional team collaboration
- Complete Zendesk tickets and written communications related to high priority users, internal escalations, partnerships or live payments according to relevant prioritization
- Partner with Fraud Patterning teams to tag ACH returns and disputes; shortening the timeline on recollection efforts via Payment Ops
- Create leads for new data sources, processes and segmentation
About the team:
Melio's innovative platform has created new and exciting ways to engage US small businesses in the payments ecosystem; and as with any financial innovation, this has also introduced threats and vulnerabilities. The Risk & Compliance Team works to protect Melio's platform and users from fraudulent, abusive and prohibited activity. We work cross functionally, with nearly every function in the company, to ensure we are seeing the correct information to make the right decisions.
Our main objectives ensuring our money movement is in line with relevant regulatory obligations and keeping our users safe. Our teams play a critical role in maintaining Melio's reputation, financial stability, and operational continuity.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated. The annual base salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.