Location: Hybrid in New York City
- 2-3+ years of experience in reconciliation or financial operations
- Advanced Excel skills, experienced Excel user
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and promptly address issues
- Be highly numerate and analytical and have very high attention to detail
- Perform well under pressure, with outstanding(!) organization and ability to prioritize.
- Effective research and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated to investigate and solve problems
- Willingness to go the extra mile - assessing situations independently and taking actions to address it/improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge and/or experience utilizing SQL/Python
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Perform the daily reconciliation duties between internal and/or external records as assigned, and complete daily positive pay process as assigned
- Identify, investigate and understand all discrepancies and proactively identify solutions to prevent recurring problems
- Communicate and escalate discrepancies to appropriate parties for resolution, and follow through with all matters of escalation from first occurrence to resolution
- Ensure customers’ funds are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements and collaborate with internal and external auditors to address and resolve audit findings
- Act independently to lead and complete projects and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Support ad-hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
About the team:
Melio is looking for a self-motivated Reconciliation Analyst to join a young & dynamic Finance team. The reconciliation procedures are the core of our payments platform product. You will be reconciling the company’s platform activity against our bank activity and would carry out reconciliations on a daily basis, identify unreconciled items and highlight for investigation.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated. The annual base salary range for this position is $82,000 - $92,000.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: We offer generous and highly competitive plans with up to 100% employer-paid coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility. Melio accepts job applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please do so directly on our careers page (or if you’re here already, scroll down and apply now!).