Driver-Medical Transportation: Rochester, NY Full Time/Part Time
Who We Are:
Ride Health removes the transportation barriers that keep our most vulnerable populations from accessing health care. Ride Health partners with healthcare organizations and transportation providers to strengthen enterprise transportation programs and drive intelligent transitions of care. We blend technology and data with a human approach to break down access barriers and solve some of the biggest transportation challenges that care coordinators, providers, and payers face. Our platform maps out each patient’s unique needs and preferences for the best ride experience across clinical and social needs, ensuring greater access, improved efficiencies, lower costs, and better outcomes.
Who We’re Hiring:
As a Fleet Driver, you will work for Ride Health's Fleet Management Team with responsibility for transporting our clients passengers safely to and from medical appointments, adult support facilities, and retail pharmacies. As a Fleet Driver, you will provide our clients with the freedom and convenience of reliable, safe transportation. Success in this position will require exceptional communication skills, attention to details, creative problem solving, and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe and efficient manner. If you love helping people and enjoy driving - come work with us!
- Operate vehicles and provide safe transportation to and from covered activities.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Transport clients on regular assigned runs and special assignments.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Monitor riders and maintain safe ride conditions at all times.
- Administer first-aid when necessary.
- Maintain interior and exterior vehicle cleanliness.
- Clean and sanitize as required for COVID-19 and other illness protection.
- Provide special assistance as needed when transporting and accessing the vehicle.
- Transfer riders into vehicle seats or utilize wheelchair securement systems to safely transport each passenger.
- Provide feedback and information immediately to dispatch regarding issues with route or passengers.
- Utilize trip management applications on mobile devices effectively to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning properly and report non-operational devices immediately.
- Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Observe all state and federal mandatory safety regulations and Ride Health specific policies.
- Report all citations and accidents to Ride Health and complete all required forms in a timely manner.
- React professionally at all times, especially in emergency situations.
- Required reporting for random, periodic and post accident drug/alcohol testing.
- Attend and participate in all department meetings and training.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Maintaining HIPAA compliance and confidentiality of information regarding all passengers.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate for this position will be required to travel to Rochester, NY to report for duty
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Experience in a related field preferred or relevant work experience.
- 25+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- CDL Driver License (Class C with passenger endorsement).
- Clean driving record with no more than 1 minor violation reported in the last 39 months or multiple minor violations in the last 10 years.
- Required to pass or provide DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- First-aid and CPR certification required. Must provide recent certificate prior to hire.
- Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull or lift weights in excess 50lbs.
- Experience with Non-Emergency Medical Transportation strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of GPS-enabled fleets highly desired.
- Ability to multitask; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Compensation $20 - $22 per hour plus a rich benefits offering
- Full time and Part time positions available for flexible scheduling
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - great coverage options offered for employees and dependents with generous company contribution
- Life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability - again, all company provided
- 401k retirement savings plan with 4% fully vested employer match right out of the gate
- Fully paid parental leave
- And we're always looking to add more...
Ride Health complies with the United States Department of Homeland Security (U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services) to verify the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The company will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. The company maintains full compliance with all regulations set forth by the law and will utilize E-Verify to assist in ensuring a legal workforce. All hiring and recruitment at Ride Health is handled with a valid ‘@ridehealth.com’ only. If you receive a message from the sender whose domain is not @ridehealth.com, please beware that those communications are not authorized or coming from Ride Health. Ride Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Ride Health is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ride Health are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Ride Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.