Financial Controller - Remote
Who We Are:
Ride Health removes the transportation barriers that keep our most vulnerable populations from accessing health care. Ride Health partners with healthcare organizations and transportation providers to strengthen enterprise transportation programs and drive intelligent transitions of care. We blend technology and data with a human approach to break down access barriers and solve some of the biggest transportation challenges that care coordinators, providers, and payers face. Our platform maps out each patient’s unique needs and preferences for the best ride experience across clinical and social needs, ensuring greater access, improved efficiencies, lower costs, and better outcomes.
Who We’re Hiring:
The Financial Controller is the head of the finance department and responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability.
Success in this position will require exceptional organizational skills, attention to details, creative problem solving, understanding of accounting and finance concepts, and the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and deadlines. Additionally, the successful candidate should be able to build relationships across all stakeholders. This role will have autonomy to adjust procedures and processes to make them more efficient and better aligned to company goals.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard the company's assets and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage and lead the finance team, providing guidance, coaching, and professional development opportunities.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports, including budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, and financial statements, to the executive team and board of directors.
- Drive the financial planning and analysis process, providing insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making and optimize financial performance.
- Collaborate with department heads and senior management to develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track business performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Oversee cash flow management, working capital, and treasury functions, ensuring effective cash flow forecasting, debt management, and efficient use of financial resources.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including auditors, banks, and regulatory authorities.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, accounting standards, and regulatory changes to ensure compliance and optimize financial operations.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and enhanced efficiency within the finance function.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. MBA or CPA designation preferred.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller or similar senior finance role, ideally within healthcare, transportation, or logistics.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial planning and analysis, and internal controls.
- Proficiency in financial management systems and software, such as ERP systems and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate financial data into actionable insights.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation $135,000 to $150,000
- Career advancement opportunities
- Remote - skip the commute. Some in person sessions required.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - multiple great coverage options offered for employees and dependents with generous company contribution and quick eligibility
- Need to add dependents? We help with that too
- TalkSpace, Healthy Advocate EAP, Teledoc, One Medical, KindBody - yep, all company provided
- Life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability - again, all paid for by Ride Health
- 401k retirement savings plan with 4% fully vested employer match right out of the gate
- Fully paid parental leave
- And we're always looking to add more...
PLEASE NOTE: Because of healthcare privacy regulations, candidates must reside in the United States to perform this job. Candidates must be permanently authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Ride Health complies with the United States Department of Homeland Security (U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services) to verify the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The company will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. The company maintains full compliance with all regulations set forth by the law and will utilize E-Verify to assist in ensuring a legal workforce.
All hiring and recruitment at Ride Health is handled with a valid ‘@ridehealth.com’ only. If you receive a message from the sender whose domain is not @ridehealth.com, please beware that those communications are not authorized or coming from Ride Health.
Ride Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Ride Health is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ride Health are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Ride Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics, and strictly complies with the Civil Rights Act Title VI and Title VII Civil Rights Requirements..