Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment team is building an immersive in-vehicle digital experience through which our consumers not only interact with their vehicles but also connect with the outside world to enjoy hands-free entertainment and communications. Come help build the Rivian In-Vehicle user experience, encompassing vehicle controls, navigation, media, charging, among many other live customer facing features.\n
In the Vehicle Software team, you are primarily responsible for the design, implementation, testing and shipping of high-quality software for multiple programs.
- \nOwn a part of the software stack for Rivian Infotainment applications \n \n
- \nDevelop a high-performance engineering culture; engage and work with a team of application developers focused on building Rivian’s in-vehicle experience. \n \n
- \nParticipate in software architecture, design, and code reviews with cross-functional teams in an open and collaborative manner while following best software engineering practices \n \n
- \nPlan, create and maintain software schedules for multiple programs \n \n
- \nCollaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in Hardware, Software, Test, and vendors in identifying dependencies and effectively remove bottlenecks \n \n
- \nAnticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success \n \n
- BS (MS Preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical fields \n
- 5+ years of software development experience in embedded android domain. \n
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, device drivers, locking / synchronization primitives, multi-threading, debugging hardware and software interfaces \n
- Development experience in one of the following domains:
o Storage (UFS, NVME SSD)
o Networking / Communication (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth)
o VirtIO based frontends and backends.
o Android HAL development or integration
o USB \n
- Programming Languages: C / C++, Python, Shell Scripting \n
- Automotive background and product development prefered \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.