Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Electronics Purchasing team is looking for a highly motivated and exceptional supply chain professional to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, Lead Purchasing Manager - CM will be responsible for commercial, operational, and strategic aspects of developing strong supplier relationships and working side by side with our engineering counterparts to push the envelope of our technical requirements. You will also take the lead in making sure Rivian can meet its cost targets, suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and parts are received at the highest level of quality. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the strategic sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Senior Group Purchasing Manager, ECU & ODM.
• Lead RFI/RFQ/RFP and strategic sourcing process.
• Own the business relationship with manufacturing service and responsible for cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management, and NPI to MP operation execution.
• Independently deep dive into every element of the supply chain, drive efficiency improvement and make data-driven decisions based on TCO.
• Work independently with the Engineering team and CMs to influence technical design specs, customize product requirements, and reach business objectives.
• Effectively balance the needs of business groups and engineering groups to ensure successful product launches.
• Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data.
• Successfully close complex negotiations including commercial terms, statements of work, capacity supply, and pricing.
• Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets.
• Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics.
• Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained.
• Manage vehicle budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team.
• Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress.
• Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews.
• Influence CM's manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in beneficial and sustainable ways.
• Implement CM performance controls to ensure operational excellence.
• Ability to travel Internationally 25%.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in Contract Manufacturing Management, Supply Chain Material Management, Procurement, and or Commodity Management
• 3+ years’ experience of managing Electronics Manufacturing Services suppliers.
• Working knowledge of electronics product development and manufacturing process
• Strong problem-solving skills and providing alternative solutions.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $163000 - $188000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.