Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this job you will set performance targets at a Vehicle, System, and component level and develop strategies to achieve the vehicle crash-worthiness targets.
- Use LS-Dyna, engineering fundamentals, and hand calculations, to analyze CAD data from the engineering team and perform vehicle, system, and component crash analysis including, but not limited to FMVSS, IIHS, NCAP and other international regulation and rating tests \n
- Summarize simulation results in a complete and easy to understand format for sharing with the development team \n
- Train and develop less experienced engineers in hand calculations, LS-Dyna, and reporting results \n
- Utilize scripting, programming, and software vendor support to automate the model build and analysis for quick turnaround of results \n
- Lead physical testing from lab selection, instrumentation and running of test into processing and interpreting results \n
- Collaborate with program management, systems engineering, manufacturing, studio, and other development teams \n
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required, MS preferred \n
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred \n
- Minimum of 1 full vehicle development cycle on a major model change project from initial target setting phase through development and testing \n
- 4 years’ experience with LS-Dyna simulating and analyzing full vehicle crash phenomenon such as Front, Side, or Rear Impact \n
- Demonstrated experience of successfully delivering safety attribute on programs. Leading and training less experienced engineers a plus \n
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics of automotive body structures and energy management in a crash \n
- Understanding of automotive body structures and joining methodologies along with the ability to develop modeling methods for simulating structure performance in a vehicle crash test \n
- Experience correlating simulation results to test data \n
- Proficiency with common pre and post processing tools for LS-Dyna (Hypermesh and/or Ansa) \n
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $121,000-$139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.