Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Stepping into the role of Sr. Lead Technical Product Manager means championing the intricate balance between innovation, feasibility, and execution. This pivotal position is directly responsible for continuing to build out our internal project management platform - FOS (Facilities Operating System). FOS is the internal platform that Rivian uses to manage multi billion dollar Construction CapEx projects - and tracks schedule, risk, people, financials, amongst other things.
Working hand-in-hand with Engineering Leads, Design Teams, Growth Product Managers, and Senior Leaders, the Sr. Lead TPM will shape the future trajectory of our product offerings. While firmly rooted in both the technical and business landscapes, you will ensure our products not only meet but surpass user needs and business objectives. Additionally, as a senior figure in the product organization, your mentorship will inspire and uplift other product managers, setting new benchmarks in product excellence. Most importantly, the Sr. Lead TMP serves as the bridge between the non-Technical Product team and the engineering + Design teams for all things presently built and those on the product roadmap.
- Strategic Leadership: Define and articulate product requirements, blending user stories, diagrams, wireframes, and other essential tools to communicate your vision. \n
- Collaborative Product Design: Engage deeply with stakeholders from engineering, design, marketing, and beyond, ensuring product designs are innovative yet feasible. A frugality-first mindset is indispensable and absolutely critical for success in this role. \n
- Market Insight: Stay ahead of market trends, competitor innovations, and emergent technologies, using this knowledge to shape product decisions and strategy. \n
- Data-Driven Iteration: Harness the power of data, user feedback, and research to continually refine and elevate our product suite. \n
- Technical Collaboration: Work in close synchrony with engineering teams, ensuring timely delivery that meets the highest quality specifications. \n
- Agile Expertise: Lead agile methodologies, steering sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives to ensure optimal outcomes. \n
- Performance Oversight: Monitor post-launch product performance, using insights to drive further refinements and improvements. \n
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree from a reputed institution, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related fields. Any background/experience in construction tech and/or fin-tech will be viewed very favorably. \n
- A proven track record as a Product Manager or Technical Product Manager, with examples showcasing your influence and impact. \n
- Adeptness in discussing architectural concepts, understanding trade-offs, and capitalizing on new tech opportunities. \n
- Proven leadership in driving cross-functional teams towards a unified vision and tangible results. \n
- Mastery over project management complemented by impeccable organizational skills. \n
- Soft Skills:
- Stellar communication and relationship-building abilities. \n
- A nuanced approach to problem prioritization, matched with an unparalleled eye for detail. \n
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex issues catered to non-technical audiences. \n
- A talent for harmonizing technical nuances, business strategy, and user aspirations. \n
- Technical Skills:
- A comprehensive grasp of software development methodologies, notably Agile and Scrum. \n
- Hands-on experience with product management tools like JIRA and Confluence. \n
- Hands on Figma skills highly preferred - but not mandatory. \n
- Profound understanding of contemporary software development practices and the tech landscape. \n
- While not mandatory, SQL querying skills will be a significant asset in data-driven decision-making. \n
- Travel: Be prepared for about 5% travel, aligning with business needs, and pivotal milestones. \n
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $189,000 - $217,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $205,000 - $236,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.