Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Staff Program Manager in Service Operations Development, you will be leading service process development, evaluation, documentation in collaboration with cross-functional teams to achieve operational excellence across multiple domains. Working with cross-functional teams and key program stakeholders to develop service process and drive continuous improvement as a common goal.\n
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Service Operations Development on the Operations Development team.
- Leading service process development in collaboration with Service Field Operations team to define and develop service procedure, standardization, and documentation \n
- Develop thorough documentation of business rules, workflows, processes, best practice, and program guidelines for service operations \n
- Create and maintain Service Program Playbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Program Guidelines, and Work Instructions \n
- Identify, quantify, and execute service process implementation plans to drive quality, efficiency, productivity, safety, utilization, and cost reduction \n
- Develop service process to incorporate operational metrics & data insights to monitor and improve service performance \n
- Conduct constant evaluation and analysis of service process to ensure proper execution and sustainability through Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle \n
- \nCreate closed loop feedback processes that enable team members to be effective and efficient through implementing business tools and processes \n \n
- \nDevelop and execute continuous improvement strategies to constantly review service processes to achieve operational excellence\n \n
- \nDrive projects across stakeholders and proactively seek feedback, recommendations, and consensus. \n \n
- 8+ years of experience in automotive, OEM or Tier 1 Supplier with technical field experience emphasis in service operations, quality management, or parts operations \n
- 6+ years of project or program management experience. PMP certification preferred \n
- Bachelor of Science Degree in operations management or related engineering discipline, such as industrial engineering / quality management \n
- Knowledgeable in JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, and MS Project. Project scope development and technical documentation experience is a plus \n
- Experience with industry standard problem-solving methodologies and quality engineering theories such as LEAN and Six Sigma principle is preferred \n
- Holistic understanding of service center operations, collision repair operations, tooling, parts operation, service engineering, government regulatory compliance and service system development \n
- Experience in automotive or technology section working with cross-functional team in managing programs and process development projects \n
- Strong business requirement documentation and workflow development skill sets to transform complex processes into reporting and documentations \n
- Strong team player, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and detail-oriented \n
- Experience in startup environment or technology sector is a plus \n
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including visits to service center locations \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $153k - $173k (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.