Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, you will keep the world adventurous forever by leading the teams that are creating the next generation of electric adventure vehicle interiors!
• Lead a highly technical and empowered team of product design engineers on their journey to bring studio sketches to life while prioritizing functional utility for our customers.
• Grow engineers in their career by helping set goals and priorities and working with your team to overdeliver on them at every opportunity.
• Expand and strengthen the bonds between the Rivian design studio and our diverse engineering teams to turn vehicle brainstorms into high-quality, production-ready designs for instrument panel (dashboard) and front floor consoles assemblies.
• Manage internal and external resources, like supplier engineering, contract staff, and test validation teams to deliver systems and components that meet vehicle requirements and performance targets.
• Be hands on with early prototyping, testing, and advanced manufacturing validation.
• Stay abreast of, and set targets based on, industry innovations through research and benchmarking of performance, quality, cost, and mass targets across all engineering industries.
• Maintain engagement with production designs through vehicle launch and ramp while being the first wave of triage if issues arise.
• Support the development of design best practices for Rivian interior engineering.
• Teach and approve of 3D geometric designs and 2D drawings using Catia V6 software. This includes confirming the achievement of technical requirements prior to design release.
• Pro-actively apply and teach the first principles approach towards product development and problem solving.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree, or higher, in an Engineering discipline or equivalent accreditation.
• 8+ years of engineering experience in the interior automotive design and development process, vehicle system requirements, and general engineering best practices.
• Ability to conduct and drive component and system failure mode analysis and establish a plan to mitigate and avoid potential failure modes.
• Above average experience in CAD modelling methodologies including assembly development, 2D drawings, and 3D annotations.
• An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high-performance team.
• System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement.
• Ability to teach and coach knowledge of interior development including materials, components, manufacturing, and assembly processes based on past experiences and lessons learned.
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
• Fluency in CAD simulation analysis for structural and performance assessment of virtual designs.
• Working knowledge of automotive regulatory and certification requirements.
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $189,000 - $217,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premium
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.