Senior Software Engineer - PP
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Pricing & Promotions engineering team is responsible for building internal systems that automate the pricing strategy of Thrasio’s entire product catalog.
- Design, build, and maintain self-service tools that business partners use to create and maintain automated pricing decisions.
- Design, build, test, and operate services, APIs, and databases that form the source of truth for data that is core to Thrasio’s business.
- Design and build shared libraries that allow other engineering teams to take advantage of functionality the Pricing Engineering team has implemented.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics Engineering and Data Warehouse teams to standardize data representations and visualizations.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers within the team to shape and refine a roadmap for innovative enhancements and refinements to services and user interfaces within the domain, informed by user feedback.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, providing them with valuable support and insights to foster their growth and development within the team and the organization.
Required Skills :
- 6+ years of work experience.
- Strong programming skills in an object-oriented programming language.
- Experience in front-end development using React.
- Experience working with distributed systems in the cloud.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
Nice to have Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working with Django, Celery, and Redis.
- Experience working with AWS cloud-based service infrastructure.
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment.
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.